Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I'm BACK! 10 months later...




It's been a LOONg time I know. A lot has happened since the last post. Audrey is ginormous in comparison to 14 months, but still tiny at a mere 26 lbs. She's now TWO YEARS OLD! Holy moly it goes by fast.



In March Audrey was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. I have always been concerned w/ her delay in speech and not pointing, and the fact that she had barely ever responded to her name. Added with the fact she also avoided eye contact. She has been with First Steps of Indiana with therapy since Oct 2010 with developmental therapy and has just been amazing. After her Diagnosis, we added speech therapy to her Developmental therapy. She is doing great. Her eye contact has been unbelievable, she answers to her name and has come such a long way in a short time. There are still things to work on, like speech and her fine motor skills, but this daughter of mine is surprising me every week. Just this past month she is understand some of her sign language! she will give a sign for Milk and for more "More". it's great!! She will also tug at my leg when she needs help and leads me to where she wants me to go.

The general opinion of most professionals we speak to is that we think we can get her caught up in time for school. Next year she'll be going to an ABA institute to get her all caught up with kindergartners. I look forward to seeing her soar. She's amazing and there are no words to even describe my love for this child.

I have to say that the toddler years so far are my favorite. We play outside and we have SOOO much fun!! and watching her get so much more freedom and curiosity is a hoot!

I'm so glad I'm a mom to my special kiddo. She's made me a better person and I just hope I'm doing it right! ha ha ha!

I don't know if anyone reads this anymore, but i'll try to keep posting if nothing else to record and print later for my little bear to read when she's older!!

Amy Out

2 comments:

Robin said...

sup baby? I still read. She IS beautiful and wonderful. My question is this. Is she old enough to rock a jean jacket and matching capri pants with fur cuffs and leopard lining? hahahahaha.

Amo said...

HAHAHAHHAHAHH my sister and i dIEd over that outfit, i gave it to my great niece to enjoy :) LOL only becuase i didn't have the adult set to go with it.