Wednesday, June 3, 2009

5 Weeks old Today

Hello again!

All of you know what has happened after my last post, i had ze bebe. I am already back from maternity leave and at work. As a newbie to newborns..here's what i've learned:

* This is the hardest thing I've ever done ...ever
* The first month..is hell but has gotten so much better after just 5 weeks
*Everyone tells me that I'll forget how hard it all was at the beginning, but I can tell you right now, we will never...ever....ever forget
* This is also the best thing I've ever done and i'm wrapped around her finger
*Pediolyte is a LIFE SAFER w/ a gassy baby!!!
*Your pediatrician doesnt' care how many times you call w/ stupid questions, they expect it!
*I have the best friends and family someone could ever ever ask for
*if you're having a newborn, there is NO SHAME in asking for help, a nap, or someone just to cry to.
*You try so hard and long to put them to sleep, then 20 minutes later you are staring at them in the crib almost wanting to wake them up
* I think my child is the only child on earth that doesn't fall asleep in car seats and rides in the stroller until about a 1/2 hr into it.
* My body has partly adjusted to sleeping a LOT less and i only need a full nights rest every once in a while to catch up :) but i still dearly miss my bed and can't wait until i move from the couch back to it!!
* Let your house get messy and clean it when you want to and have the time. Don't stress over it!!
*I'm finding i need more bottles!
* I miss her all day but am also glad to be working again and having a bit of normalcy back. It's good for both me and her :)
* Babies smell awesome
* and finally...i love that stinker more than anything in the entire world...

2 comments:

Robin said...

She is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Sweet.

The Dream Queen said...

I agree....I can't wait to seeee her!!!!!1