Friday, April 10, 2009

Almost 35 Weeks :)


AH LAwdy,

I'll be 35 weeks tomorrow :) ! Just a short 5 weeks to go. To update you, after a couple of friends talked to me, I signed up for a Breast Feeding class. It is may 7th. I figured I've spent 25 $ on dumber things ! Anything that can ease my mind about it is worth it. I'm going to see if i can sneak into a class that i missed on Birth positions too.

This past week I started feeling a little wierd w/ my blood pressure. It kind of felt like a mild version of when you hang upside down and you feel everything flow to your torso and head and arms. Then I think I had anxiety about it, so it made it worse, So i got in at my dr.'s on Wednesday and she checked me out and also did the Strep B test. It has been averaging I'd say 135/90 . When i got there it was 144/95. So they had me lie down on my left side and it went right down after about 7 minutes. She told me to keep track of it and to keep taking my Labebetol twice a day. The good thing is, i can lay down at work whenever I need to, they have no problems with that, i feel incredibly lucky i can do that. I brought my blood pressure machine to work and have been logging it eveyr couple of hours. I also am PRETTY sure I'm having Braxton Hicks. My uterus gets REAL tight and if i feel my midsection i can feel her better when I'm having them!! They don't hurt at all.

My dr. said she does see bed-rest in my future (ugh) I'm not real pleased with that. I'm supposed to take it real easy, BUT we're on the home stretch and we have moolah saved up for emergencies and maternity stuff (if you know my husband you know he masterminded that hahah Thank God for him he's awesome) Plus i don't do anything so I haven't been spending any money! LOL My life is work, recliner, bathroom and my cat and husband...that's the bulk of it and i'm okay with it for now. The good thing is, I think I'd be REAL good at Bedrest like a professional hahahahh

I did have one heck of a craving after the dr. appointment the other day. I think it was a mix of prego craving and comfort food craving after a worrisome dr. appt. It was for a Hostess Pie. I have not had one in YEARS. It' s not something a chub like myself allows herself to buy hahaha. It's on the forbidden list!! I wanted one so bad....I went to CVS and they didnt' have any so i bought fig newtons thinking i could squench it (okay i also bought starburst jelly beans becuase i love them so much) but no...it didn't work, so I ended up going to Arby's and got 2 turnovers and fully intended to eat them both..but alas, I gave Aaron the cherry one becuase i calmed down. I ate it in the car and fully expected to turn to the other car beside me and see like an ex-boyfriend or something while i have icing all over my face and a fierce face full of turnover. HAHAHA I had crumbs all over me. . I then thought long and hard about why I would crave something like that out of nowhere, and remembered my grama used to have Hostess pies in the freezer when i was little and I'd heat them up and eat them allll the time...and i think it was a comfort thing for me. All of this baby/parenting stuff is new and sometimes I just need my blanky like Linus, except in my case it tends to be bad food! If I think hard enough I could tell you where each favorite bad food item stems from ...pizza was wknds with dad, doughnuts- another Sudnay tradition with dad, hot dogs-grama, I could go on and on, all good memories that have food involved that comfort me. I also like Raw Spinach and Veggies so so their not alllll bad. :)

I have an appt next Tuesday with another ultra sound (she said i get one EVERY APPT NOW!!!) and a Non-stress test . Those will happen every appt which are weekly from now on :)

Those are my updates! Other than ALLL of that, I feel good, I take naps, I look forward to seeing my stinker :0 )

Everyone have a WONDERFUL holiday :)

1 comment:

The Dream Queen said...

You are so funny prin....hostess in the car. I've eaten bad stuff in the car and worried I'd be at a stop light and someone I know would see me shoving a fist full of fries in my mouth! awful. hahaha