Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Week 28


Week 28...what a doosie already. Last Friday was one heck of a bad day. First thing in the morning, I read an email. This email was sent from my good friend Linda. I met Linda via my uncle's handicap bowling group The Trailblazers (since him breaking his hip and us moving we did not join this year) her husband is the treasurer. I worked with her on several graphic projects for the kids (calendars etc) The email was from her and was to be sent upon her death. She had been struggeling with colon cancer for 4 years. She leaves behind a husband of 35 years and her wonderful daughter with downs Kylene. She was someone I immediately liked and adored. I knew this day would not be far off, but still came as a shock and punched me right in the gut. Needless to say, Friday morning i shut my office door and cried my eyes out and becuase of prego horemones, i physically could not stop sobbing. Eventually I got it together, had lunch with an old friend which cheered me up. Then at the end of the day I get a call from my dr. 's office. I have to take the 3 hour Glucose test becuase my last one last week was a bit too high. I did this yesterday (Monday) morning.

They require you to fast from the night before, and sit in their office for 3 hours (mine was 4 becuase they took a long time to call me in) then draw blood and drink the glucola again in the mroning..then every hour they draw blood again and you go back out and read through the 2-3 month old mags and i do my crosswords. Becuase I have deep veins that move around it's always been tricky to get me stuck to take blood. 6 times WAAA..at one point she had to do it in the hand which is a bit more painful. After this was done I was like a streak of lightening out thta door. I went next door to the hospital to get my RH shot. I luckily found chocolate in my purse that my mom gave me....dark chocolate from Trader Joe's. Usually, i would not be so rude as to keep eating chocolate while registering in the hospital..but i was famished!!! By this time it was going on 1:30 and all I'd had was water !! I apologized to the lady, becuase she said "do i smell chocolate" hahahah..and she said "honey after that test i wouldnt' care if you were sitting there eating a big mac" . Finally i go up to get the stingy RH shot in my hip . The joys of prego-ness were lost on me this day.
By the time I was out of the hospital..i was cranky and vile and starving and pretty sure i was turning green and busting out of my clothes..see pic above of me going home. With my internal self-bargaining and will power tools shaded by the immense hunger i crossed 3 lanes on US31 to get to wendy's and get a chicken sandwich.
I drive home and snap at poor poor Aaron for something completely stupid. He was visibly annoyed and i immediately felt like a turd. I could feel the hormonalness and awful hungre making me nuts but i couldn't stop the snapping. I gulped my sandwich down my gullet and went straigth in and apologized and layed down for 3 long hours. By the time I awoke...I was normal Amy again and felt evened out.

The moral of this story..is that dont' ever ever run into a hungry 7 month pregnant woman after a glucose test in a dark Allie....it's not pretty . I gave Aaron a lot of hugs after that :)

-Amy Out

No comments: