Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Lunges squats and Mcdonalds cheeseburger



Hello all!
I'm on the tail end of week 8! So far still no morning sickness. I feel really really lucky!! I am still really tired especially after work, i just want to lye on my couch and zone out and then go to bed at 8:30-9pm. Probably because I've been getting up 4 x's a night to pee as you all know. Although, the last two nights I've only gotten up once and it's been WONDERFUL!! But as soon as my cat knows i'm awake (usually around 4 a.m) he takes his purch on my hip to remind me that he needs his spoon full of horse meat soon. Maybe i should look at Tigger as practice, that my nights of sleeping through are not coming back anytime soon.

Something that started last week, was food cravings. As you read in my earlier post, a pork fritter has been dancing in my mind, and also a Mcdonalds cheeseburger. I do not eat fast food hardly at all, and ESPECIALLY Mcdonalds. Finally I gave in last night. I couldn't take it anymore! I felt dirty just being in the drive thru. I went home and at my meal. The good news is, it was not so great and the spell has been broken. The pork fritter..it's still taunting me. "Amy...i'm so crunchy w/ mustard and pickles, and it's so sexy how i hang 2 inches over the already ridiculously sized bun...c'mon..jUST A BITE" well, we all know I can't just take a bite. I dont' know if this fantasy will come to life, but I truly think that caving a bit sometimes breaks the spell. I'm going to try to make a baked healthy version at home tonight. After discussions with Aaron how to do this, we have bought the appropriate ingredients and are ready for our experiment.

I have also started a new prenatal work out. From the sounds of my cravings, it couldnt' start anytime sooner. He has me doing a really awesome workout that i really sweat with and build up my core to help pop my wee stinker out (that could mean a completely different thing) . Here's what I hate , but am convinced I will master...The evil Lunge and squats. I don't look like the svelt woman in the picture, and i'm holding a giant ball w/ 3 lbs of what sounds/feels like rice inside while i do them. IT really makes my heart race, and i'm not quite conviced that there's not a forest fire happening in my hamstrings today. I also work on the Incline machine and get up to a 15 incline at 3mph. I tried to do the suggested 3.3 but it's not in the stars yet. I thought my previous jogging would have me doing better, but for about a month i havne't been jogging and it really showed. I'm glad I have my new work out because it really gets me excited again about my workout. I currently belong to NIFS downtown Indy and that gym is the best gym I've EVER belonged to, it's been since my skinny days in college that i've stuck w/ a routine/gym for so long.

This weekend I travel to Florida to visit my Grandparents! They do not know yet! I will blog again when I return (it will be week 9 by then) and will have updated pics of me (although not much change as my belly just looks like a plus size belly haha. I really envy thinner people who get to see every change that goes on with their bodies, it's so exciting.

Until next week my pals, I bid you adieu!!!

Amo

No comments: